20.5.06

Sorry



That's me there in a self portrait trying to look what I think looks like me saying "sorry", I do that a lot to people I have hurt, say sorry from my heart. It's impossible for me to live with unsettled things on my conscience. But a great difficulty I have experienced with myself is forgiving those, who have really hurt me badly. Just lately I have been teaching myself, that by forgiving also those most hurtful things, I can leave a backpack of hatred behind me, which makes it a lot easier to walk. I do not have to accept or forget what has happened, but I can forgive and leave the bitter load off and move on in my life.

A photo collage with Gimp.

14 kommenttia:

High Power Rocketry kirjoitti...

: )

Caroline kirjoitti...

Interesting filmstrip of you!

Michael O'Connell kirjoitti...

so true… everytime you hold on you give the hurt more power over you… life's too shrt… well done!

Michael O'Connell kirjoitti...
Blogin hallinnoija on poistanut tämän kommentin.
Zórdís kirjoitti...

Forgiving in your heart releace a lot of emotion. I forgive and like to be forgiven. Congratulation on Eurovision, I thought of you yesterday :)

"I used to tell my mother, forgive all that you don´t want to cope wth in your next lives"

All you forgive will float like butterflies .....

Teri kirjoitti...

What a very interesting piece of art and insight. Great job.

Willie Baronet kirjoitti...

You speak the truth oh wise one. :-) Not forgiving is a big burden, and in the end is only hurting you. Thanks for the sharing!

Twisselman kirjoitti...

very true... saying you're sorry is just one side of the equation... the other party has to forgive. The second act is often the harder of the two to do. Great post, in that it gives us all thoughts on which to chew.

HARDWAX kirjoitti...

Sorry is hard, forgiving even harder-your words make a lot of sence, now i'll see how I do. Thoughtful and thought provoking piece of work!

Unknown kirjoitti...

Love your quote!! so true!! Nice illo!

Katili kirjoitti...

Thank you everyone for your great comments.

carla kirjoitti...

I like the effect of the film with the various versions of your image. I also like the sentiment about apology and forgiveness. I know that forgiveness is a gist we give to ourselves...it lightens the terrible burden of anger and pain when we can realease it.

TXArtcGal kirjoitti...

So very true!! I really love how you did the filmstrip idea...and, a great self portrait! Wonderful!!

uvor kirjoitti...

the way how it fades, until a yellow photo
like the colours!