5.7.07

Cat Stevens




Tea For The Tillerman (1970)

Where Do The Children Play
Aina maailmasta huolissaan olevana tämän biisin sanat ovat edelleen kova juttu. Itse asiassa koko ajan kovempaa kamaa, mitä kauemmas maailma hulluudessaan menee.

Well you've cracked the sky, scrapers fill the air.
But will you keep on building higher
'til there's no more room up there?
Will you make us laugh, will you make us cry?
Will you tell us when to live, will you tell us when to die?

I know we've come a long way,
We're changing day to day,
But tell me, where do the children play?

Hard-headed Woman
Jotenkin halusin aina samaistua tähän kovapäiseen naiseen, halusin olla hän.
I'm looking for a hard headed woman, one who will
take me for myself, and if I find my hard headed
woman I will need nobody else.
I'm looking for a hard headed woman, one who will
make me do my best, and if I find my hard headed
woman, ooh, I know the rest of my life will be blessed,
yes yes yes.

Wild World
Aah, silloin olin se pieni tyttö. Nykyään tämä laulu on AINA mielessäni, kun ajattelen omaa tyttöäni maailmalla. Jos joutuisin laulamaan tätä nykyään, olisi kyllä pala kurkussa, sen sanat herkistävät liikaa.
You know I've seen a lot of what the world can do
And it's breakin' my heart in two
Because I never wanna see you a sad girl
Don't be a bad girl
But if you wanna leave, take good care
I hope you make a lot of nice friends out there
But just remember there's a lot of bad and beware

Sad Lisa
Näin surullista laulua ei toista taida ollakaan. Ja silti se aina lohduttaa jollain omituisella tavalla. Mutta se on myös arvoitus. Onko sitä tyttöä olemassa?
She sits in a corner by the door.
There must be more I can tell her.
If she really wants me to help her.
I'll do what I can to show her the way.
And maybe one day I will free her.
Though I know no one can see her.

Miles From Nowhere
Minä ajattelin aina edesmennyttä veljeäni ensin, kun kuulin tätä. Sitten huomasin, että olimme kumpikin kaukana ei-mistään.
I have my freedom
I can make my own rules
Oh yeah, the ones that I choose

Lord my body has been a good friend
But I won't need it when I reach the end

Miles from nowhere
Guess I'll take my time
Oh yeah, to reach there.

But I Might Die Tonight

Mona Bone Jakon (1970)

Lady D'arbanville
Tästä kauniista ja riipaisevasta biisistä tulee aina Romeo ja Julia mieleen.
My Lady d'Arbanville, you look so cold tonight.
Your lips feel like winter,
your skin has turned to white, your skin has turned to white.

Ei kommentteja: