7.7.07

Linda Rondstadt


Linda Ronstadt Greatest Hits 1976

You're No Good
Silver Threads and Golden Needles
Biisi, jota on aivan ihana laulaa oikein paatoksella ja kantrityylillä. Oli helppo samaistua laulun sanoihin.

Silver threads and golden needles cannot mend this heart of mine
And I dare not drown my sorrow in the warm glow of your wine
You can't buy my love with money cause I never was that kind
Silver threads and golden needles cannot mend this heart of mine
Desperado
Eaglesin kappale tuli minulle rakkaaksi Lindan versiona, kyllä tätä laulettiin tunteella, vaikkakin tanssiravintoloissa, mutta silmät kiinni ja tosissaan. Ja näihinkin sanoihin sai mahtumaan paljon omaa itseään.
Desperado
you know you ain't getting younger
Your pain and your hunger are driving you home
And freedom, oh freedom
Well that's just some people talking
Your prison is walking through this world all alone

Love Is a Rose
Tämä kantrireippaus vei lopulta sydämen, se vain on niin jiihaa. Ja sanoissa on paljon perääkin.
Love is a rose but you better not pick it
Only grows when it's on the vine
Handful of thorns and you'll know you've missed it
Lose your love when you say the word mine
Long, Long Time
Tämä on yksi kaikkien aikojen kaunein kantriballadi viuluinen kaikkineen. Vieläkin menee kylmät väreet kuunnellessa ja laulaa pitää yhä mukana. Esitin tätä satojakin kertoja, mutta koskaan en kyllästynyt sen surumieliseen kauneuteen.
Wait for the day
You'll go away
Knowing that you warned me of the price I'd have to pay
And life's full of flaws
Who knows the cause?
Living in the memory of a love that never was
Cause I've done everything I know to try and change your mind
and I think I'm gonna miss you for a long long time
Cause I've done everything I know to try and make you mine
And I think I'm gonna love you for a long long time.
Love Has No Pride
Ja tämä hyvänä kakkosena kantriballadisarjassa. Jostain syystä, eikä sillä mitään väliä, tämä ei toiminut urkurille koskaan. Mutta tätä tuli laulettua yhdelle jos sitten toisellekin tyypille. Suoraan sydämestä.
I've been alone too many nights
To think that you could come back again
I've heard you talk
She's crazy to stay
But this love hurt's me so
I don't care what you say

But love has no pride when I call out your name
And love has no pride when there's no one to blame
But I'd give anything to see you again

(Love Is Like A) Heat Wave

Linda Ronstadt tuli yllättäin tutuksi Greatest Hits levyn kautta, kun etsin ohjelmistoa ravintolabändillemme. Etsin You're No Goodia ja sainkin levyllisen upeaa musiikkia. Imin hänenkin tavastaan esittää kaikkea mahdollista. Hänen kantrityylinsä sisältää paljon rockaineksia.

Ei kommentteja: